After lots of vacation and a more laid-back summer schedule, I was excited to hear about Abundant Mama’s Rise and Shine Challenge from the Money Saving Mom. I’m ready to get back to a good morning routine and waking up nice and early. This is a good week for me to start the challenge. If you want to sign up for the 10 day challenge, you get a daily email (apparently in the morning) with a task in complete. The challenge just started today so you can easily still join.
I thought I’d share about the challenge in case anyone else wanted to join me in this. I’ll share on facebook or in a blog post about each daily task if you want to see how things are going. (If you don’t use facebook and definitely want me to share on the blog, would you please comment below? Thanks.)
Today’s challenge is about decided what makes a good morning. I love this because it really is different for each of us.
Here is what I would describe as a great morning for me (as we start up the school routine):
- Wake by 5:45 am.
- Be showered and dressed (and out of Seth’s way so he can get ready for work easily on his time schedule).
- Get kitchen cleaned up (or dishwasher unloaded/reloaded).
- Pack Seth’s lunch.
- Spend time reading my Bible, praying, and planning out the top activities needed for the day.
(and then the kids wake up around 7 am and complete their “5 things” morning routine and get it done before 8)
- From 7 to 8, I would get a load of laundry started and straighten up my bedroom while overseeing the kids completing their morning routine.
- Then at 8 am, we would all be ready to start our school day.
In my ideal morning, this is would a peaceful, methodical time to help us get the day started right – without yelling, whining, or digging through laundry baskets to find 2 socks.
By the way, today I woke up by 5:30 or so but did not get everything done nearly how I would have wanted it. I didn’t shower until 9:30 am and had kids who forgot to eat breakfast (and were hungry when we left the house at 10:30). It’s a good thing that I only was sharing about my ideal morning.
Is anyone else joining me on this challenge? If so, what does a good morning look like to you?